Results Day August 2015
I am delighted to say our provisional results show that once again, our students have achieved an impressive set of exam results.
- 25% of our students gained at least 5 A*-Cs including Maths and English. This is a significant improvement on last year’s results (18%).
- Results for Maths (35% A*-Cs) have improved by 12% on last year. This is a fantastic achievement and is a direct result of the hard work our students have put in throughout the year, and the dedication of our Maths department.
- The English language results were outstanding – 70% A*-C grades. This looks set to beat the national average for the second year running and is an achievement our students and the English department should be very proud of. English Literature results were even better at 83% A*-C grades. Well done to all our students and to the English department.
Science this year achieved 45% A*-Cs, which is a 9% improvement on last year. Of these, our Additional Science students achieved 86% A*-Cs which is well above the national average for the AQA exam board (65%).
- This is the first year we have run the Additional Applied course, and students achieved an 11% increase over their counterparts in similar centres to ours. Our year 10 Core Science students achieved 64% A*-C grades which again, is above the national average for AQA (58%). Well done to all our students and to the Science department.
- Art, History, ICT and Photography all achieved 100% A*-C grades. 27% of Photography students achieved A*s. Well done to students and staff alike.
- GCSE PE students achieved 83% A*-C grades which again, is a significant improvement on last year. Very well done to our young athletes and the PE department.
Overall our students achieved 97% A*-G grades. We are all extremely proud of them and wish them all the very best in their future studies.